Last Revised: November 1, 2020 (“Effective Date”)
• Information that we receive from you when you interact with the Services
• How we use and process the information that we receive
• If and why Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties
• Your choices regarding the collection and processing of your Personal Information
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Types of Information
We collect various kinds of information that you provide to us as well as information we obtain from your use of the Services. Some of the types of information that we collect include:
“Personal Information”—information associated with or used to identify or contact a specific person. Personal Information includes: (1) contact data (such as e-mail address, telephone number and employer); (2) demographic data (such as gender, date of birth and zip code); and (3) certain Usage Data (defined below), such as IP address.
“Usage Data”—information about an individual’s online activity that, by itself, does not identify the individual, such as:
• technical information, including your browser type, service provider, IP address, operating system and webpages visited;
• information about what you’ve searched for and looked at while using the Services;
• metadata, which means information related to items you made available through the Services.
“Location Data” is a category of Personal Information collected about the location of a mobile device or computer, including:
• the location of the mobile device or computer used to access the Services derived from GPS or WiFi use;
• the IP address of the mobile device or computer or internet service used to access the Services,
• other information made available by a user or others that indicates the current or prior location of the user, such as information that you or others post indicating your location.
How We Collect Information
From You. We collect information from you when you:
• Use the Services. We collect Personal Information from you when you create an account to use one of the Services, contact us for help or information or otherwise voluntarily provide your Personal Information. We collect the information and content that you submit to us, such as when you use the contact form.
From Our Business Partners and Service Providers. Third parties that assist us with our business operations also collect information (including Personal Information and Usage Data) about you through the Services and share it with us.
Usage Data. We also automatically collect Usage Data when you interact with the Services.
From cookies and other data collection tools. We, along with the service providers that help us provide the Services, use small text files called “cookies”, which are small computer files sent to or accessed from your web browser or your computer’s or tablet’s hard drive that contain information about your computer, such as a user ID, user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using the Services. Cookies are not themselves personally identifiable, but may be linked to Personal Information that you provide to us through your interaction with the Services. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier.
Cookies help us improve the Services by tracking users’ navigation habits, customizing users’ experience with the Services; and enabling us to analyze technical and navigational information about the Services.
We also use other cookies and other data collection tools (such as web beacons and server logs), which we collectively refer to as “data collection tools,” to help improve your experience with the Services.
The Services also may use data collection tools to collect information from the device used to access the Services, such as operating system type, browser type, domain and other system settings, as well as the operating system used and the country and time zone in which the computer or device is located.
Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers (including some mobile web browsers) provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Services.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
• to provide the Services to you;
• to operate, improve and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
• for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, or for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Services;
• to communicate with users;
• to better understand how users access and use the Services, for the purposes of trying to improve the Services and to respond to user preferences, including language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to users’ usage of the Services;
• in the case of information supplied to us through our “Careers” page, only for the employment application and evaluation process and for no other purpose.
Please note that, in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the Services, information collected through the Services may be used in an aggregated or individualized manner.
How We Share and Disclose Your Information
We may share and disclose information as described at the time information is collected or as follows:
When you consent. We may share Personal Information with third parties if you have given us your consent to do so.
To perform services. We may disclose Personal Information in order to identify a user in connection with communications sent through the Services.
With third party service providers performing services on our behalf. We share information, including Personal Information, with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them (such as hosting and data analyses). We may share information as needed to operate other related services.
For legal purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users, as needed, to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share Personal Information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
In aggregated form. We may share Personal Information about you in an aggregated form—that is, in a statistical or summary form that does not include any personal identifiers—with third parties in order to discover and reveal trends about how users like you interact with our services.
Information Storage and Security
We employ industry-standard security measures designed to protect the security of all information submitted through the Services. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet or for changes to or losses of data. Users of the Services are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of any of our digital services. In order to protect you and your data, we may suspend your use of any of the Services, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of any of the Services are restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution.
Links to Third Party Services
Disclaimer: Not Child-Directed
The Services are not intended for use by children. If you are under the age of majority in your place of residence, you may use the Services only with the consent of or under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian.
Consistent with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), if we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under age 13 without first receiving his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Services and subsequently we will delete that information.